This is very good! Your highlights are great! I especially like how you showed the index of refraction in the antenna. I have a lot of trouble keeping my perspective in digital painting..do you sketch your work out first?
I generally sketch first but sometimes I blob forms first. I guess it depends on the subjects and what feels easiest/flows out best at the time. I just drew a box for this and filled it in, then shaded while looking at reference. All in grayscale, too. The color is just adjustment layers with masks.
now you are making me want to better use adjustment layers..I have not made use of them yet..I thought you hand painted the colors..I need to start utilizing masking also..I kinda forget what wonderful tools we have...nice highlights though..wish I could pull that off so well.
This is very good! Your highlights are great! I especially like how you showed the index of refraction in the antenna. I have a lot of trouble keeping my perspective in digital painting..do you sketch your work out first?
ReplyDeleteI generally sketch first but sometimes I blob forms first. I guess it depends on the subjects and what feels easiest/flows out best at the time. I just drew a box for this and filled it in, then shaded while looking at reference. All in grayscale, too. The color is just adjustment layers with masks.
ReplyDeletenow you are making me want to better use adjustment layers..I have not made use of them yet..I thought you hand painted the colors..I need to start utilizing masking also..I kinda forget what wonderful tools we have...nice highlights though..wish I could pull that off so well.
ReplyDelete