A collaborative blog showcasing our 2 hour mini-art projects. 3 Projects a week on Mon. Wed. Sat.
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
multisim half wave rectifier
this is an abstract piece inspired by both topics. it ended up being inevitable that they mix together. i was thinking of doing each of them but then different aspects of both ended up influencing this.
What is this done in first off? Secondly..I love how you connected the mapmaker to a circuit layout! One thing that would help this be less abstract (if you were wanting to) is to include one of the circuit board legends.. Now I actually am wondering if this has function incorporated into the design..I am feeling compelled to learn a little about DC Circuits now..but this appears to be deep with logic gates and I like that..it shows your cryptographic style. Not sure what the highlight are doing..but if it were illuminating an electrical path it might be awesome to do it kinda like red and blue trails when something is moving through space..I think they did that effect in the movie Tron. They also used that to figure out that the universe is expanding. And before I hit post..I realized this would be a badass layout for a platform challenge in a game. or some sort of electrical pinballish maze game. Very nice!
i struggled with the highlights following the traces a lot. i tried i few things, first i tried highlighting all of them... then just some of them, but it ended up just really boring looking... so i knew i had to bring in a new element. technology (bringing this in from the last topic) has allowed us to have these crazy map systems like google maps and those all use satellite imagery. so the colors are sort of what a sunrise or sunset for that matter would like like from the satellite's viewpoint and i used some of the traces to bring in the sun and the rest of it is like the outer layer of the earth's atmosphere. i know... really sort of pretentious BUT it was just all a means to an end. thanks dude!
Wow..so that is like a horizon line as well..the gradient makes sense in that light..very abstract narrative here. If you had a title that hinted at something along those lines and was less encrypted it might stretch someones thoughts a bit...now I see it more as road systems and constellations in an integrated circuit after your description..for what that is worth.
good call man! titles are definitely an area that deserves some more attention from me. sometimes i forget that its not ALL visual and you do get that very small opportunity to explain yourself in one or two words. that's an art in and of its self
What is this done in first off? Secondly..I love how you connected the mapmaker to a circuit layout! One thing that would help this be less abstract (if you were wanting to) is to include one of the circuit board legends.. Now I actually am wondering if this has function incorporated into the design..I am feeling compelled to learn a little about DC Circuits now..but this appears to be deep with logic gates and I like that..it shows your cryptographic style. Not sure what the highlight are doing..but if it were illuminating an electrical path it might be awesome to do it kinda like red and blue trails when something is moving through space..I think they did that effect in the movie Tron. They also used that to figure out that the universe is expanding. And before I hit post..I realized this would be a badass layout for a platform challenge in a game. or some sort of electrical pinballish maze game. Very nice!
ReplyDeletei struggled with the highlights following the traces a lot. i tried i few things, first i tried highlighting all of them... then just some of them, but it ended up just really boring looking... so i knew i had to bring in a new element. technology (bringing this in from the last topic) has allowed us to have these crazy map systems like google maps and those all use satellite imagery. so the colors are sort of what a sunrise or sunset for that matter would like like from the satellite's viewpoint and i used some of the traces to bring in the sun and the rest of it is like the outer layer of the earth's atmosphere. i know... really sort of pretentious BUT it was just all a means to an end. thanks dude!
ReplyDeleteWow..so that is like a horizon line as well..the gradient makes sense in that light..very abstract narrative here. If you had a title that hinted at something along those lines and was less encrypted it might stretch someones thoughts a bit...now I see it more as road systems and constellations in an integrated circuit after your description..for what that is worth.
ReplyDeletegood call man! titles are definitely an area that deserves some more attention from me. sometimes i forget that its not ALL visual and you do get that very small opportunity to explain yourself in one or two words. that's an art in and of its self
ReplyDelete